Incl. 19% Vat. €741.37
- Order number: 1324
ICÔNE Low Aroma and High Aroma – American Oak
SEGUIN MOREAU BELIEVES CERTAIN WINES MERIT SOLUTIONS THAT ENABLE
THEM TO FULLY REVEAL THEIR POTENTIAL WHILE RESPECTING THEIR UNIQUE
CHARACTER AND THE ORIGINAL EXPRESSION OF THE FRUIT.
> An exclusive process for oak wood selection, by method of its chemical composition. We identify wood`s capability of generating a particular oak profile for specific styles of wine. We refer to the
“Oenological Potential” of the wood.
> A range of barrels that enables the reproducibility of the aging process in order to enhance the unique quality of your wine, consistently year after year.
THE ICÔNE SELECTION PROCESS
During the processing of the rough staves, SEGUIN MOREAU takes samples of wood in quantities proportional to the surface area that each stave will occupy in the barrel. The samples are analyzed in the SEGUIN MOREAU laboratory, where they are measured for the concentration of the various aromatic and structuring molecules that figure in the ICÔNE mathematical selection model.
The results of the analysis, once processed, determine the Oenological Potential.
ICÔNE Low Aroma
• The oak profile is respectful of the fruit and discretly provides olfactory complexity.
It differs from the traditional American oak profile by its absence of strong smoky and coconut
notes, and in this sense is closer to French oak’s wood profile.
•Winemaking and aging with a large proportion of new oak is perfectly possible in this instance,
without overwelming the fruit.
ICÔNE High Aroma
• Provides an ample and expressive oak profile with:
- emphasized notes of hazelnut, coconut and vanilla
- A wine that is sweeter, rounder and more concentrated on the palate
Through providing strenght and power, this barrel remains well-balanced. Our techniques for mastering oak aging and
precise toasting range allow us to work within a harmonious olfactory style.
• This barrel can contribute towards a strong oak target, at times sought after for specific wines. It
can also be used as a blending component, implemented as an “oenological ingredient”, serving an
overall oak profile in the finished wine.
• The length of time wine remains in the barrel is up to the individual winemaker. & have been tested and quantified for both malolactic fermentation in barrel and also later barrel aging.
• Potential duration of oak aging: 6 to 16 months.
The oak profile is balanced with good structure after 6 months, but aging can continue for 12 to 16 months, depending on the wine’s characteristics (grape variety, concentration) and the targeted oenological objective.
DID YOU KNOW?
• The ICÔNE concept is the one and only process of its kind that is able to correlate the molecular
composition of the barrel's oak with organoleptic result achieved in the wine at the end of aging,
designed to reach the sensorial objectives you aim for.
• ICÔNE: An unprecedented project
> Twelve years of fundamental research
> Four years of global applied research in wineries with:
- more than 10,000 analyses of oak wood
- more than 3,000 barrels
- more than 200 comparative tasting sessions carried out by a jury of experts
> An in-house laboratory
> Testing performed at more than 200 wineries worldwide